Make your own Insect hotel! Attract native bees and other insects to your garden and provide them a safe place to live, it's a great project for the children as they can keep an eye on it in the backyard. add a hook or bracket and hang it from a tree or on a fence somewhere out of reach from animals.
Depending on material availability, the materials shown in the photo may differ.
- Timber components for insect hotel
- Bamboo pieces
- Required nails for assembly
- Access to instructions on how the kit is built (these will be emailed to you)
Tools & Consumables Required:
- Hand Drill or small cordless drill for pre drilling of nails
- Cross Pein hammer or similar, suitable for the age of the child
- Wood glue (choose a strong, non toxic glue) suitable for exterior use
- 1.5mm Pilot Drill Bit
- Suitable Work Surface & Clamp to secure pieces while holding and cutting.
- Ruler, Pencil, Eraser etc
All parts are prepared and assembled by us in Adelaide, South Australia.