Your little viking will love this wooden sword and shield project kit. Great for creative play and a really cool little gift. The entire shield is constructed from solid timber and the shield is assembled using nails, which are pre drilled first using either a hand drill or small cordless drill. There will be cutting required to shape the shield exterior and this can be done with a coping saw, jigsaw or bandsaw.
- Timber components for shield and sword
- Cotton rope to wrap sword and shield handle
- Required nails for assembly
- Access to instructions on how the kit is built
Tools & Consumables Required:
- Coping Saw to cut the profile of the shield & tip of sword
- Hand Drill or small cordless drill for pre drilling of nails
- Cross Pein hammer or similar, suitable for the age of the child
- Wood glue (choose a strong, non toxic glue)
- 1.5mm Pilot Drill Bit
- Suitable Work Surface & Clamp to secure pieces while holding and cutting.